Education Act update underway – have your say!
20 November 2015.
Education Minister, Hon Hekia Parata, is asking for the views of everyone involved with education in New Zealand – students, teachers, administrators, academics, trustees, and families and whānau.
The Ministry of Education want to hear your views on:
- Making sure everyone knows the goals for education – What the goals for education should be, and how national priorities for learners aged 0-18 years could be set out.
- Supporting school and kura boards to focus on what’s important – How the responsibilities of boards can be made clearer, unnecessary red tape can be removed, and boards can respond more effectively to lift student and school performance.
- Enabling collaboration, flexibility and innovation – How resources can be better focused to get the best whole-of-community education outcomes.
- Making every school and kura a great one – How a graduated range of responses could be developed to better support schools when difficulties arise.
- Making the best use of local education provision – How local arrangements can support choice and diversity.